Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall is Here!

I love fall! Leaves changing colors, the smell of wood stoves, plants laying down for spring, and not to mention all the children ready for Halloween! 
This week I crafted a fun Fall/Halloween wreath for our deck. I just LOVE how it turned out! 
Fall Wreath
Need:
1 wreath base - I use a 6 foot piece of pipe cover from Lowe's (only 69 cents!)and cut in half
4 sheets of 12x scrap paper
Mod Podge- mixe 1/4 water with half small container
Yarn
Cutouts 
medium paint brush

First-
I made my wreath by cutting the tubing in half and taping with shipping tape, you can use duct tape too. 

Second-
coat sections of the wreath with Mod Podge mixture. Then dip torn sections of paper into the mixture and smooth with fingers. Place the pieces on the wreath. TIP: start with wrapping sections around the wreath with gaps between, then fill in length wise with scraps of all shapes.

Third- 
As you continue around, be sure to brush coats of glue over areas already done and be sure to flip the piece over a few times to get good coverage with paper. Once complete, let dry for an hour or so. Its very simple, I promise- this was my first time :) 
 

Fourth-
 After its dry, I added a wrap of yarn to one side and added all the fun details.
I cut the Fall and Bats using my Silhouette Cameo.  The flowers I also cut out and rolled. Below is a link on making your own rolled flowers- it helped me a lot:

Finally, I colored my fall and bats with stamp inks, then hot glue all your pieces on and enjoy! I love this project so much, I might do one for Christmas too!





No comments:

Post a Comment